Your privacy matters to us
We at DCMN GmbH ("DCMN", "we", "us", "our") respect your privacy. This privacy notice explains the data we collect when you visit our Website dcmn.com (our “Website”) and how we use and share such information. This policy also explains how you can exercise your privacy rights and choices, particularly with respect to the collection and use of data for online marketing activities.
DCMN provides advanced marketing solutions in TV Analytics (“DC Analytics”), mobile advertising (“Mobile DSP”), re-targeting and digital performance marketing for businesses, to help them understand their users and audiences (the "Products"). Depending on the solutions offered to our client we collect/process your information in order to ensure advertisers can provide you with relevant advertising based on your interests, affinities and local context and measure the effectiveness of their campaigns. The aim of this is to effectively reduce the amount of ads you see that aren't beneficial or of interest to you. An opt-out from targeting would not reduce the amount of ads, it just makes the ads you receive less relevant.
Our purpose in collecting such data is to help us provide you with better service, such as more relevant notifications about special offers and promotions. If you would like to know more, the following sites may be useful:
- The "Your Online Choices" site of IAB Europe
- The "Privacy Matters" site of the IAB (get to know more about behavioral advertising)
- The "AboutAds" site of the Digital Advertising Alliance
For more information about DCMN, please see the "About" page on our Website
This policy applies to all DCMN websites (such as DCMN.com, "the Website"), DCMN products and services worldwide (the "Services") that display or link to this notice.
Data we collect
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Certain parts of our Website may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details in order to register an account with us to use our Services, to subscribe to marketing communications from us, and/or to submit inquiries to us. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
Information we collect automatically
When you visit our Website, or use our Services, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors.
Information we obtain from third-party sources
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third-party sources (including audience providers, programmatic exchanges, website publishers , app developers etc.), but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
The types of information we collect from third parties include:
- (hashed) IP-address
- Identifiers like the ID for Advertising for iOS (IDFA), the Advertising ID for Android and other anonymous identifiers of third party service providers (like Facebook) that are placed on your mobile device by using cookies
- Information contained in your browser head like e.g. your browser version etc
- Installation and first opening of an app on your mobile device
- User actions within an app or on a mobile website (e.g. in-app purchases, registration)
- Information which apps you have downloaded or which mobile websites you have visited
- Information which advertisements you have seen or clicked on
See the following section on how we use the information we receive from these third parties.
How do we use your personal information?
In general, the above data enables us to :
- maintain and manage our Services
- respond to your requests or provide you with information you request
- report aggregated statistics regarding, for example, the effectiveness of digital or TV advertising campaigns respectively
- provide, operate, manage, maintain, and enhance our system
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, agreements and policies
- prevent, detect, respond and protect against potential or actual claims, liabilities, prohibited behaviour, and criminal activity
- conduct data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our marketing and to enhance, customize and improve our Website and Services.
- if you have an account with one of our products (such as DSP/DC Analytics), to send administrative or account related information to you
Specifically for Mobile DSP & Digital Performance Marketing
The data enables us to do the following:
- perform mobile marketing using a programmatic media buying platform. In detail, we use the information to predict users' interests and preferences for interest-based advertising
- customize ads to a particular location and users' location behavior
- determine how users respond to certain ads
Specifically for DC Analytics
- to measure the impact of TV commercials on websites and mobile apps
Who do we share information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) in relation to our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
- To our clients who are using our DC Analytics product, but only where we have checked that these clients either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to forward your personal information to us.
Legal Basis for Processing (EEA visitors only)
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area (EEA), our legal basis for collecting and processing the information described above will depend on the information concerned and the specific context in which we collect and process it. We collect and process information from you only where we have your consent (Art. 6 para 1 lit. a) GDPR), where we need the information to provide our contractual obligation to you (Art. 6 para 1 lit. b) GDPR) or where we have a legitimate interest to do so.
If you wish to learn more about specific legal ground(s) we rely on to process your information for any particular purpose (including any legitimate interests we have to process information), then please contact us using the details provided below under “Contact Us”. However, by way of example, we rely on our legitimate interests to process information for direct marketing purposes and for fraud prevention and detection, provided these interests are not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms (Art. 6 para 1 lit. f) GDPR).
Facebook Social Plugins
http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de. Additional information thereto is available at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de and https://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html (general information to Google Analytics and privacy).
This Website has embedded videos that are hosted by Vimeo LLC, 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011, USA, (“Vimeo”). If you access a page on our Website that includes a video, your browser sets up a direct connection to Vimeo’s servers. Thereby Vimeo receives the information that you and your IP address have accessed this Website. Additional information on the data processing by Vimeo is available under the following link: https://vimeo.com/privacy.
Our website uses plugins from YouTube, which is operated by Google. The operator of the pages is YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. ... Further information about handling user data, can be found in the data protection declaration of YouTube under https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
How does DCMN keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
International Data Transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
Specifically, our Website servers are located in EU (Ireland) and our group companies and third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice. These include implementing Binding Corporate Rules / the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information between our group companies, which require all group companies to protect personal information they process from the EEA in accordance with European Union data protection law.
Our Binding Corporate Rules / Standard Contractual Clauses (can be provided on request). We have implemented similar appropriate safeguards with our third party service providers and partners and further details can be provided upon request.
Consent and Changes to this Privacy Statement
DCMN may decide to make modifications to this privacy statement from time to time. In such an instance, we will post the modifications on this page so that you are always aware of the information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose it.
Information Pertaining to Children
DCMN’s products and services are designed for those 16 years of age and older. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 16. If the company is made aware that it has received personally identifiable information from someone under 16, we will use reasonable efforts to remove that information from our records.
We do not create segments to specifically target children under 16 years old.
Your rights to opt out
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contact us” heading below [link].
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contact us” heading below [link].
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact us” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you choose to opt out of DCMN’s tracking, write us an email by clicking on below link.
I am currently opted into DCMN's tracking and I want to opt out.
If you choose to opt out of DC Analytics’ tracking, you can do so by clicking the button below. This places a cookie with the value "optout" on your browser that informs our software not to collect any further non-personally-identifiable data about you. Please take note that if you delete, block, or otherwise restrict your cookies via browser controls, or if you use another browser or another computer, you may need to repeat your cookie opt-out action. At any time, you may return to this page and opt-in again by clicking the button below again.
Storage and Deletion of Personal Data
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.